The Classroom Innovators Grants is an ongoing program to assist innovative educators with classroom needs. The program is available to educators who teach K-12 curriculum at public and private schools or at an afterschool nonprofit program that are within Bright House Networks service areas. Recipients are eligible to receive up to one grant per year, of no less than $250 and no greater than $500, to assist in their efforts to move students toward a brighter future through innovative learning. Multiple grants per cycle may be awarded within a Bright House Networks service area.
2013 – 2014 Grant Winners
Bright House Networks awarded 75 grants totaling $35,687 in funding to support educators who are brightening the future of students in their classroom with their creative and innovative projects. Congratulations to our Classroom Innovator Grants recipients. See the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 grant winners.
How to Apply for a Grant
The Classroom Innovators Grant program entry period is now officially closed. We are not currently accepting new applications. We will be announcing the new program entry period in August 2014. To apply, please check back with us in early August.
All entries will be judged on a rolling basis by a panel of judges comprised of Bright House Networks administrators. The judges will evaluate entries based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the program (25%),
- Educational benefits of the dynamic program (25%),
- The potential impact of the inventive program and how it could motivate students to succeed in the future (25%), and
- Inspiration behind the program and existing factors that make this innovative program necessary (25%).
Application Checklist (for applications received on or before March 31)
- To complete your online application:
- Includes a summary describing the need for funds for your classroom and how these funds will be utilized to further student achievement through innovative learning.
- Includes a signed media release form. Media forms should be signed by you (the educator) and notarized.
- Includes a completed W-9 Form. The W-9 Form should be completed by your school official with the school information.
- Includes a completed New Vendor Form. Complete only page 1 of the New Vendor Form and it should match the information on the W-9. There is no need to complete page 2.
Please note, hard copy applications will not be accepted; however, you may fax attachments B through D (described above) to 407-210-3147 (ATTN: Classroom Innovators Grant Program) if you are unable to scan and attach them to the online application.
Applications will be considered completed once the signed media release form and completed W-9 and New Vendor forms are received.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Read the official rules.
Disclaimer: K-12 educators must teach at a public school, private school, or after school nonprofit program located within the Bright House Networks service area to be eligible. Not open to immediate family members of Bright House Networks employees.