Bright House Networks Deploys Cisco Network Convergence System to Support Cloud-Based Business and Residential Services
Cisco Evolved Programmable Network (EPN) Empowers Bright House Networks to More Efficiently Deliver New Hosted and Managed Carrier-Class ServicesBack
Bright House Networks, the sixth-largest owner and operator of cable systems in the United States, announced today the deployment of the Cisco® Network Convergence System (NCS), a network fabric family designed to serve as the foundation of a massively scalable, smarter and more adaptable Internet. The Cisco NCS enables Bright House Networks to support cloud-based, managed services for businesses, such as hosted voice, call center, application and infrastructure-as-a-service. The Cisco NCS also supports Bright House Networks’ managed security, network transport, Wi-Fi and traditional voice and data services to business customers.
Bright House Networks is the first cable operator to deploy the Cisco NCS 6000, which offers the industry’s first 1 terabits per second (Tbps) line card with the capability of transporting up to 5 Tbps per slot and a total system capacity of 1.2 petabits per second (Pbps) in a multi-chassis configuration to support a converged Internet Protocol (IP) and optical environment.
The Cisco NCS 6000 delivers programmability and virtualization capabilities that enables Bright House Networks to accommodate growing network traffic and seize the opportunity created by trillions of programmable device-driven events and generated by the Internet of Everything (IoE), the networked connection of people, data, processes and things.
The deployment of the Cisco NCS 6000 by Bright House Networks enhances and future-proofs the network architecture that underpins a growing and vibrant set of products focused on business customers. This network collaboration between Bright House Networks and Cisco enables highly-effective performance reliability and end-to-end service accountability—with next-generation Cisco solutions anchoring the Bright House Networks core, edge, last mile, customer premise, as well as indoor and outdoor WiFi coverage. The Cisco NCS also allows Bright House Networks to rapidly and flexibly scale network solutions to meet the growing demands of high-bandwidth data networks and cloud-service adoption by business customers.
- Bright House Networks is the first cable operator in the United States to achieve the Cisco Master Service Provider Certification under the Cisco Cloud and Managed Service Program. This certification, earned through a rigorous third-party audit process, recognizes Bright House Networks as having the capabilities to sell and deliver cloud and managed service to help accelerate their time-to-market and time-to-revenue.
- The Cisco NCS 6000 works together with the industry-leading Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) and Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers to act as a foundational network fabric to interconnect Bright House Networks’ architecture and deliver scalability, agility and improved efficiencies.
- With global IP traffic projected to increase threefold over the next five years – after having increased eightfold over the past five years – evolved programmable and virtualized network creation has never been more vital for service providers.
- Craig Cowden, chief network officer and senior vice president of Enterprise Solutions, Bright House Networks
- Bill Gartner, vice president and general manager, High-End Routing and Optical Group, Cisco
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
About Bright House Networks
Bright House Networks is the sixth largest owner and operator of cable systems in the U.S. and the second largest in Florida, with technologically advanced systems located in five states including Florida, Alabama, Indiana, Michigan and California.
Bright House Networks serves approximately 2.5 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data, home security and automation and voice services. The company also offers a strong portfolio of customizable, advanced business solutions for video, voice, data, cloud-based and managed services. The company is MEF-certified and also recently received the Cisco® Master Service Provider Certification under the Cisco Cloud and Managed Service Program, the first cable operator in the United States to achieve this designation. Bright House Networks also owns and operates exclusive, award-winning, local news and sports channels in its Florida markets. For more information about Bright House Networks, visit (www.brighthouse.com).