- About Us
- Share Your Story
- Social Media
- Bright House Networks Launches BabyFirst
- Bright House Networks Names Finalists in Bright Ideas Stem From Today’s Youth Competition
- Ashley Chico Named Grand Prize Winner in Bright House Networks Bright Ideas Stem From Today’s Youth Competition
- Winners Named in First Annual Bright House Networks Regional Business Awards in Greater Orlando Area
- Bright House Networks Enterprise Solutions Signs Agreement With Orlando City Soccer Club
- Bright House Networks Launches New Ultra-Fast 300 Mbps Broadband Service Throughout Entire Florida Service Area
- Bright House Networks Enterprise Solutions Launches DDoS Mitigation for Managed Security Product
- Bright House Networks Launches New Secure Public WiFi Network
- Bright House Networks’ Home Phone Customers Can Reach Friends and Family in Nepal for Free
- Bright House Networks Enterprise Solutions Connects Saddlebrook Resort
- Bright House Networks Named Founding Partner of Florida Institute of Technology’s weVENTURE Facility
- Classroom Innovators Grant Program
- Future Leaders Scholarship Program
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Areas We Serve
- Our Promise
- Locations Map
The Classroom Innovators Grants is an ongoing program to assist innovative educators with classroom needs. The program is available to educators who teach K-12 curriculum at public and private schools or at an afterschool nonprofit program that are within Bright House Networks service areas. Recipients are eligible to receive up to one grant per year of no less than $250 and no greater than $500, to assist in their efforts to move students toward a brighter future through innovative learning.
2014 – 2015 Grant Winners
Bright House Networks awarded 103 grants this past school year totaling $49,244 in funding to support educators who are brightening the future of students in their classroom with their creative and innovative projects. Congratulations to all of this year’s Classroom Innovator Grants recipients! See the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 grant winners.
How to Apply for a Grant
The 2014 – 2015 Classroom Innovators Grant cycle is now closed. Applications will once again be accepted beginning in August 2015. Check back this summer for details about next year’s grant program. In the meantime, if your school is not currently on this list of certified schools, please send a completed W-9 form to Steven.Torres@mybrighthouse.com so we can register your school prior to the next academic school year.
During the application cycle, all entries are judged on a rolling basis by a panel of judges comprised of Bright House Networks administrators. The judges evaluate entries based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the program (25 percent)
- Educational benefits of the dynamic program (25 percent)
- The potential impact of the inventive program and how it could motivate students to succeed in the future (25 percent)
- Inspiration behind the program and existing factors that make this innovative program necessary (25 percent)
Disclaimer: K-12 educators must teach at a public school, private school, or afterschool nonprofit program located within the Bright House Networks service area to be eligible. Not open to immediate family members of Bright House Networks employees.
The Bright House Networks Service areas include Alabama (Metro Birmingham, Wetumpka/Elmore, Greenville and Eufaula and the Florida Panhandle systems), California (Avenal, Arvin, Bakersfield, Buttonwillow, Delano, Lamont, McFarland, Maricopa, Shafter, Taft, Tehachapi, and Wasco), Florida (Brevard, Citrus, Flagler, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Manatee, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia), Indiana (Metro Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, Zionsville, Fortville, McCordsville, Brownsburg, Avon, Plainfield, Danville, Pittsboro, Lizton, Marion, Gas City, Jonesboro), and Michigan (Redford, Livonia, Novi, Farmington, and Farmington Hills).