- About Us
- Share Your Story
- Social Media
- Bright House Networks Launches BabyFirst
- Bright House Networks Names Finalists in Bright Ideas Stem From Today’s Youth Competition
- Ashley Chico Named Grand Prize Winner in Bright House Networks Bright Ideas Stem From Today’s Youth Competition
- Winners Named in First Annual Bright House Networks Regional Business Awards in Greater Orlando Area
- Classroom Innovators Grant Program
- Future Leaders Scholarship Program
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Areas We Serve
- Our Promise
- Locations Map
The Classroom Innovators Grants is an ongoing program to assist innovative educators with classroom needs. The program is available to educators who teach K-12 curriculum at public and private schools or at an afterschool nonprofit program that are within Bright House Networks service areas. Recipients are eligible to receive up to one grant per year of no less than $250 and no greater than $500, to assist in their efforts to move students toward a brighter future through innovative learning.
2014 Grant Winners
Bright House Networks awarded 48 grants totaling $21,977 in funding to support educators who are brightening the future of students in their classroom with their creative and innovative projects. Congratulations to our Classroom Innovator Grants recipients! See the Fall 2014 grant winners.
How to Apply for a Grant
To apply, please complete the online application form and make sure to include a summary of what is needed in your classroom, a signed and notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/copyright release form, a completed w-9 form for your school (If your school is not on this list of certified schools).
NOTE: Your application will not be deemed completed unless all of these items are received. The grant money must be used on a project that impacts students directly, and all checks will be made payable to your school.
Completed applications for the Classroom Innovators Grant Program will be reviewed throughout the entry period. Grant recipients will be awarded up to $500 based on project need. Recipients will be notified within 30 days of submitting their completed application to Bright House Networks.
All entries will be judged on a rolling basis by a panel of judges comprised of Bright House Networks administrators. The judges will evaluate entries based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the program (25 percent),
- Educational benefits of the dynamic program (25 percent),
- The potential impact of the inventive program and how it could motivate students to succeed in the future (25 percent), and
- Inspiration behind the program and existing factors that make this innovative program necessary (25 percent).
Application Checklist (for applications received on or before March 31, 2015)
To complete your online application:
- Create an online account to access the application.
- Include a summary describing the need for funds for your classroom and how these funds will be utilized to further student achievement through innovative learning.
- Include a signed affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/copyright release form. Forms should be signed by you (the educator) and notarized.
- If your school is not on this list of certified schools, please include a completed W-9 Form. The W-9 Form should be completed by your school official with the school or district information.
NOTE: Hard copy applications will not be accepted; however, you may fax attachments 3 and 4 (described above) to 407-210-3147 (ATTN: Classroom Innovators Grant Program) if you are unable to scan and attach them to the online application.
Applications will be considered completed once the online application form is completed and the signed release form and, if applicable, completed W-9 forms are received. Completed applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. Recipients will be notified within 30 days of submitting their completed application to Bright House Networks.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Read the official rules.
Disclaimer: K-12 educators must teach at a public school, private school, or afterschool nonprofit program located within the Bright House Networks service area to be eligible. Not open to immediate family members of Bright House Networks employees.
The Bright House Networks Service areas include Alabama (Metro Birmingham, Wetumpka/Elmore, Greenville and Eufaula and the Florida Panhandle systems), California (Avenal, Arvin, Bakersfield, Buttonwillow, Delano, Lamont, McFarland, Maricopa, Shafter, Taft, Tehachapi, and Wasco), Florida (Brevard, Citrus, Flagler, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Manatee, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia), Indiana (Metro Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, Zionsville, Fortville, McCordsville, Brownsburg, Avon, Plainfield, Danville, Pittsboro, Lizton, Marion, Gas City, Jonesboro), and Michigan (Redford, Livonia, Novi, Farmington, and Farmington Hills).