- Online Services User Agreement
- Customer Privacy Notice
- High Speed Data Acceptable Use Policy
- Equipment Policy
- Bright House Networks Modem Policy
- Residential Services Agreement
- EASYPay Online Service Terms and Conditions of Use
- Law Enforcement and Civil Litigants
- Home Security App End-User License Agreement
- Network Management Policy
- Home Security Subscriber Agreement
- Terms of Submission
- BHTV App End-User License Agreement and Notice
- Phone Modem Battery Policy
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Infringement Spanish
High Speed Data Acceptable Use Policy
I. Acceptable Use Policies
Bright House Networks (“BHN”) seeks to create and foster an on-line community that can be used and enjoyed by all its high speed data service customers. To further that goal, BHN has developed an Acceptable Use Policy. Although much of what is included here is common sense, BHN takes these issues very seriously and will enforce its rules to ensure enjoyment by all of its members. If BHN, in its sole discretion, determines that you have violated this Acceptable Use Policy, BHN may take any responsive action that it deems appropriate without prior notification. Such actions may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: temporary suspension of service; reduction of service resources; termination of service; or any other legal or technical action BHN deems appropriate. BHN shall not be liable for any such responsive action. In using the high speed data services provided over BHN's network (the "HSD Service"), subscribers accept this non-exhaustive list of restrictions as well as those set forth in BHN's Agreement for Residential Services and agree to use the HSD Service only for lawful purposes and not to use or allow others to use the HSD Service in violation of the following guidelines:
- Unless you have specifically subscribed for commercial grade service, the HSD Service is provided to you for personal, non-commercial use only. The service cannot be used for any enterprise purpose whatsoever whether or not the enterprise is directed toward making a profit. If it is your intention to use this service for these purposes, please contact BHN to inquire whether commercial grade service programs are available.
- The HSD Service may not be used to engage in any conduct that interferes with BHN's ability to provide service to others, including the use of excessive bandwidth.
- The HSD Service may not be used in a manner that interferes with BHN's efficient operation of its facilities, the provision of services or the ability of others to utilize the HSD Service in a reasonable manner. BHN may use various tools and techniques in order to efficiently manage its networks and to ensure compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy (“Network Management Tools”). These may include detecting malicious traffic patterns and preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code, limiting the number of peer-to-peer sessions a user can conduct at the same time, limiting the aggregate bandwidth available for certain usage protocols such as peer-to-peer and newsgroups and such other Network Management Tools as BHN may from time to time determine appropriate.
- The HSD Service may not be used to breach or attempt to breach the security, the computer, the software or the data of any person or entity, including BHN, to circumvent the user authentication features or security of any host, network or account, to use or distribute tools designed to compromise security, or to interfere with another's use of the HSD Service through the posting or transmitting of a virus or other harmful item to deliberately overload or flood that entity's system.
- In using the HSD Service, you may not use an IP address or client ID not assigned to you, forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network by the use of sniffers, SNMP tools or any other method.
- The HSD Service may not be used to post or transmit content that violates child pornography statutes or contains graphic visual depictions of sexual acts or sexually explicit conduct involving children, or other depictions of children, the primary appeal of which is prurient.
- The HSD Service may not be used to upload, download, post, transmit or otherwise make available any material or content that violates or infringes the rights or dignity of others. This includes, but is not limited to, material or content that infringes intellectual property rights (including without limitation material that is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, or other proprietary right); material that infringes or misappropriates trade secrets or other confidential information, or that compromises the ability to maintain trade secrets and other confidential or personal information as private; hate speech; threats of physical violence; communications or material that constitutes or incites harassing conduct; sexually oriented material that is obscene, offensive, or inappropriate; and unsolicited bulk e-mail.
- The HSD Service may not be used to engage in or foster any consumer fraud such as illegal gambling, “Make Money Fast” schemes, chain letters, Pyramid, or other investment schemes, or to make or encourage people to accept fraudulent offers by e-mail, USENET or other means, of products, items or services, originating from your account, or through a third party which implicates your account or to post or transmit off-topic or commercial messages on bulletin boards.
You may not engage in any of the above activities using the service of another HSD, while channeling such activities through your HSD Service account or using this account as a mail drop for responses.