- Online Services User Agreement
- Customer Privacy Notice
- High Speed Data Acceptable Use Policy
- Equipment Policy
- Bright House Networks Modem Policy
- Residential Services Agreement
- EASYPay Online Service Terms and Conditions of Use
- Law Enforcement and Civil Litigants
- Home Security App End-User License Agreement
- Network Management Policy
- Home Security Subscriber Agreement
- Terms of Submission
- BHTV App End-User License Agreement and Notice
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Infringement Spanish
Updated November 2016
This Online Services User Agreement (“User Agreement”) governs your use of the Bright House Networks websites, mobile sites, applications, and/or other services provided by Bright House Network’s parent, Charter Communications Operating, LLC and the subsidiaries providing the services (“Spectrum”) that link to this User Agreement (“Online Services”). This User Agreement does not apply to our residential cable television, high-speed Internet, or phone services, or to our Business Solutions or Enterprise Solutions services. The Bright House Networks Agreement for Residential Services applies to our residential services, and the Bright House Networks Business Solutions Services Master Agreement applies to our Business Solutions and Enterprise Solutions services.
When we use the terms “Bright House,” “BHN”, “we,” “us,” or “our”, we mean Spectrum’s subsidiary, Bright House Networks, LLC and the family of companies we own or control. The term “you” refers to you as a user to one or more of the Online Services.
We strive to provide an enjoyable online experience for our users, so we may monitor activity on the Online Services, including in the social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, and elsewhere, to foster compliance with this User Agreement. You hereby specifically agree to such monitoring. Nevertheless, we do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees that: (1) the Online Services, or any portion thereof, will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use, (2) apparent statements of fact will be authenticated, or (3) we will take any specific action (or any action at all) in the event of a challenge or dispute regarding compliance or non-compliance with this User Agreement.
A. The Online Services are not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. Such users are expressly prohibited from registering for the Online Services or submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using portions of the Online Services for which registration is required, such as our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, contests/sweepstakes, and elsewhere.
B. You shall ensure that all equipment, hardware, software, products and/or services you use to access, visit, or use the Online Services do not disturb or interfere with our operation of the Online Services, or impede or interfere with others' access, visitation and/or use of the Online Services. We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, with or without notice, to immediately disconnect from the Service any equipment, hardware, software, product and/or services causing interference with us, our licensors, vendors, service providers, the Online Services.
C. If you provide to us the number for a mobile or other device, or we obtain the device identifier for a device you are using, you agree, represent, warrant, and guarantee that such device is registered in your name and owned by you, or that you have permission of the device owner(s).
D. Unless otherwise specified, the Online Services are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. You are solely responsible for all usage of, or activities on, the Online Services by you and by those you authorize or allow to use, or provide access to, the Online Services.
E. You must comply with all local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations in accessing and using the Online Services, and will immediately notify us if you learn of or suspect a security breach or any illegal activity in connection with the Online Services.
F. Content that is provided by us, our licensors, vendors and/or service providers, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other brand identifiers, the organization, design, compilation, and “look and feel” of the Online Services, and all advertising thereon, is protected by local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, rules, and regulations, and is the property of us or our licensors, vendors and/or service providers.
G. Certain content may be made available to you on or through the Online Services for download, installation, and/or streaming on your computer, mobile or other device, and via Real Simple Syndication (RSS), such as photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, ringtones, games, graphics, or software. Such content is subject to the same terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions applicable to all content provided by us, our licensors, vendors and/or service providers. You must, in addition to all of your other obligations, use such content only to the extent expressly authorized for the particular content, and you may not use such content in a manner that exceeds such authorization.
Spectrum reserves the right to suspend or cancel your use of Online Services if you engage in inappropriate conduct. You agree to use the Online Services only for lawful purposes and not to use or allow others to use the Online Services in violation of the following guidelines:
- The Online Services may not be used in a manner that interferes with BHN's efficient operation of its facilities, the provision of services or the ability of others to utilize the Online Services in a reasonable manner.
- The Online Services may not be used to breach or attempt to breach the security, the computer, the software or the data of any person or entity, including BHN, to circumvent the user authentication features or security of any host, network or account, to use or distribute tools designed to compromise security, or to interfere with another's use of the Online Services through the posting or transmitting of a virus or other harmful item to deliberately overload or flood that entity's system.
- In using the Online Services, you may not use an IP address or client ID not assigned to you, forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network by the use of sniffers, SNMP tools or any other method.
- The Online Services may not be used to post or transmit content that violates child pornography statutes or contains graphic visual depictions of sexual acts or sexually explicit conduct involving children, or other depictions of children, the primary appeal of which is prurient.
- The Online Services may not be used to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any materials or content that violate or infringe on the rights or dignity of others. These include, but are not limited to, materials infringing or compromising intellectual property rights or the ability to maintain trade secrets and other personal information as private; the ability to avoid hate speech; threats of physical violence; harassing conduct; sexually oriented material that is offensive or inappropriate; and unsolicited bulk e-mail.
- The Online Services may not be used to engage in or foster any consumer fraud such as illegal gambling, “Make Money Fast” schemes, chain letters, Pyramid, or other investment schemes, or to make or encourage people to accept fraudulent offers by e-mail, USENET or other means, of products, items or services, originating from your account, or through a third party which implicates your account or to post or transmit off-topic or commercial messages on bulletin boards.
- The Online Services may not be used to post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Online Services any content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, or foreign law, rule or regulation (e.g., drug use, underage drinking), including without limitation defamation, child pornography, fraud, or invasion of privacy;
- The Online Services may not be used to stalk others on or through the Online Services, or using information obtained on or through the Online Services, or otherwise contact other users in the physical world without their permission using information obtained on or through the Online Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our licensors, vendors, service providers, and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, independent and sub-contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Indemnitees") from and against any and all claims, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (collectively, “Claims”) which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your access, visitation and/or use of the Online Services, or from any of your acts or omissions in connection with the Online Services.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
A. CERTAIN FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY, AND/OR CONTENT OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE ONLIE SERVICES MAY BE HOSTED, ADMINISTERED, RUN OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATED IN BY THIRD PARTIES, SUCH AS OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS THAT PROVIDE SOCIAL, COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC DISCUSSION AREAS, PHOTO AND VIDEO GALLERIES, BULLETIN BOARDS, FORUMS, CHATS, BLOGS, AUCTIONS, SHOPPING, AND PERSONAL/JOB SEARCH AND OTHER CLASSIFIED ADS. THESE SERVICE PROVIDERS MAY REQUIRE THAT YOU AGREE TO THEIR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS AND/OR RULES. YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY SUCH ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS AND/OR RULES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOUR CONTINUING OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH THE USER AGREEMENT WHEN USING THE SERVICE. WE AND THE INDEMNITEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
B. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE ONLINE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WE AND THE INDEMNITEES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND GUARANTEES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY US OR THE ONLINE SERVICES. WE AND THE INDEMNITEES DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ACCESS TO THE ONLINE SERVICES AND/OR COMMUNICATIONS OR MESSAGING FROM OR TO US OR YOU WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, DELAYS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED CONTENT, OR THAT NO SOFTWARE DISABLING DEVICES, TIME BOMBS, VIRUSES, WORMS, BUGS, OR DEVICES OR DEFECTS OF SIMILAR NATURE WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND WE AND THE INDEMNITEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH OCCURRENCE.
C. WE AND THE INDEMNITEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPLETE, INCORRECT, LOST, DELAYED, LATE, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, DAMAGED, ILLEGIBLE, UNDELIVERABLE, OR INCOMPLETELY RECEIVED COMMUNICATIONS OR MESSAGING FROM OR TO US OR YOU FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BY REASON OF HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, BROWSER, NETWORK, COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, DELAY, OR CONGESTION, OR ANY INCOMPATIBILITY AT OUR SERVERS OR ELSEWHERE, OR FOR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, ANY FORM OF ACTIVE OR PASSIVE FILTERING BY A USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE OR ACCESS PROVIDER, INSUFFICIENT SPACE ON USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE OR ACCOUNT/PROFILE, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OR COMBINATION THEREOF.
D. WE AND THE INDEMNITEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THIS USER AGREEMENT, THE ONLINE SERVICES, THE SALE, PURCHASE, RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, YOUR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, VISIT AND/OR USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE, OR FOR SOFTWARE DISABLING DEVICES, TIME BOMBS, VIRUSES, WORMS, BUGS, OR DEVICES OR DEFECTS OF SIMILAR NATURE ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE, YOUR ACCESS, VISITATION, AND/OR USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY YOU DURING THE ONE MONTH PERIOD IN WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE AGREEMENT IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF SUCH STATES, BUT TO THE EXTENT A CLAIM IS BROUGHT THEREIN, OUR LIABILITY AND WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR".
We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the Online Services, your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Online Services or any portion thereof, and/or this User Agreement, including without limitation any of our purported obligations hereunder, for any or no reason, with or without notice. In the event of any termination or discontinuation of your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Online Services or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, we reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to reassign, and/or allow another user to use, your password and/or User ID.
A. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, in addition to our other remedies, terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account/profile or ability to access, visit, and/or use the Online Services of users who infringe the copyright rights of others, and we may choose to remove, delete, erase, or disable access to content deemed to be infringing. It is our policy to terminate the access of repeat infringers.
B. If you have reason to believe that your content has been copied and/or is accessible on the Online Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Online Services contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or service that contains content or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by providing a document via fax, first class U.S. mail, or e-mail that includes the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at the Online Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Online Services;
3. Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate such copyrighted work;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
C. IMPORTANT: MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE IN A NOTICE CLAIMING THAT CONTENT OR ACTIVITY IS INFRINGING VIOLATES THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT AND MAY EXPOSE YOU TO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES). COURTS HAVE FOUND THAT YOU MUST CONSIDER COPYRIGHT DEFENSES, LIMITATIONS OR EXCEPTIONS BEFORE SENDING A NOTICE. ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHETHER CONTENT RESIDING ON OUR ONLINE SERVICES INFRINGES YOUR COPYRIGHT, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU FIRST CONTACT AN ATTORNEY. IN ADDITION, PLEASE DETERMINE WHETHER THE CONTENT YOU ARE SENDING A NOTICE ABOUT IS ACTUALLY RESIDING ON OUR ONLINE SERVICES BEFORE SENDING THE NOTICE.
Laurie Jill Wood
Address to which Notification should be sent:
Attn: DMCA Agent
12405 Powerscourt Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63131-3674
E. Note: Only copyright complaints should be sent to the copyright agent. No other communications to the copyright agent will be accepted or responded to.
F. For communications on other matters, please contact us through the means described at the end of this Use Agreement.
G. PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION WE PRESENT HERE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
A. If you have a Dispute (as defined below) with Spectrum in connection with this User Agreement that cannot be resolved, you or we may elect to arbitrate that Dispute in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Provision rather than litigate the Dispute in court. Arbitration means you will have a fair hearing before a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury.
B. As used in this Provision, the term "Dispute" means any dispute, claim or controversy between you and Spectrum regarding any aspect of your relationship with Bright House Networks that has accrued or may hereafter accrue, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, negligence or any other intentional tort), or any other legal or equitable theory.
C. Right to Opt Out. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE THAT YOU FIRST RECEIVE THIS USER AGREEMENT. YOUR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND ACCOUNT NUMBER AS WELL AS A CLEAR STATEMENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO RESOLVE DISPUTES THROUGH ARBITRATION. YOUR DECISION TO OPT OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION WILL HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH SPECTRUM OR THE DELIVERY OF SERVICES TO YOU BY SPECTRUM. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY NOTIFIED BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS OF YOUR DECISION TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO SO AGAIN.
1. YOU MUST CONTACT US WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT OR FACTS GIVING RISE TO A DISPUTE (EXCEPT FOR BILLING DISPUTES WHICH ARE SUBJECT TO SECTION 3 OF THE AGREEMENT), OR YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY CLAIM BASED UPON SUCH EVENT, FACTS OR DISPUTE.
2. ALL PARTIES TO THE ARBITRATION MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY NAMED. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS ACTION OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (SUCH AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL), OTHER SUBSCRIBERS, OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED UNLESS THE STATUTE UNDER WHICH YOU ARE SUING PROVIDES OTHERWISE.
3. ALL PARTIES WAIVE ANY CLAIM TO INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR MULTIPLIED DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR OUT OF ANY DISPUTE WITH SPECTRUM UNLESS THE STATUTE UNDER WHICH THEY ARE SUING PROVIDES OTHERWISE.
E. Exclusions from Arbitration. YOU AND SPECTRUM AGREE THAT THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION: (1) ANY CLAIM FILED BY YOU OR BY BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS THAT IS NOT AGGREGATED WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER SUBSCRIBER AND WHOSE AMOUNT IN CONTROVERSY IS PROPERLY WITHIN THE JURISDICTION OF A COURT WHICH IS LIMITED TO ADJUDICATING SMALL CLAIMS; (2) ANY DISPUTE OVER THE VALIDITY OF ANY PARTY'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; (3) ANY DISPUTE RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM ALLEGATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH UNAUTHORIZED USE OR RECEIPT OF SERVICE; (4) ANY DISPUTE THAT ARISES BETWEEN SPECTRUM AND ANY STATE OR LOCAL REGULATORY AUTHORITY OR AGENCY THAT IS EMPOWERED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW TO GRANT A FRANCHISE UNDER 47 U.S.C. Section 522(9); AND (5) ANY DISPUTE THAT YOU PURSUE BEFORE THE LOCAL FRANCHISE AUTHORITY UNDER THE TERMS OF THE FRANCHISE.
F. SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING ARBITRATION FOR CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS:
IF YOU ARE A BHN CUSTOMER IN CALIFORNIA, SPECTRUM WILL NOT SEEK TO ENFORCE THE ARBITRATION PROVISION ABOVE UNLESS WE HAVE NOTIFIED YOU OTHERWISE.